Several years ago I created a credo defining how to live my life. I started with three points, gradually added the next four, and I thought the credo was finished. Recent exchanges on this blog reminded me of other prompts I need to add, such as being more playful and looking for my inner wild woman, and I ended up with eleven points. Eleven is an odd number, but I thought each item was an important one, and didn’t want to subtract one simply for the sake of satisfying my need for symmetry. Besides, my life is just beginning, or rather, beginning again, so chances are I’ll find more goals and reminders that I want to add.
Hey! What do you know! I just found number 12. Now I can have my credo and symmetry too.
- Believe in yourself.
- Expect the best.
- Have a vision of victory and abundance.
- Don’t settle for a life of mediocrity.
- There is adventure waiting for you. Run to it. Explore.
- Be bold and brave.
- Live the life that only you can live.
- Be playful.
- Strive for spontaneity.
- Find your inner wild woman.
- Accept that you are where you are supposed to be.
- Embrace your destiny. It belongs to you alone.
Some of the points are easy, such as not being mediocre. Some are almost impossible for me, such as having a vision of victory and abundance since I don’t even know how to do envision those things. Some are wishful thinking, such as embracing my destiny. But . . . if I can learn to follow most of these exhortations, I could live a spectacular life.
Do you have a credo you live by?